ECS wants its biggest fan to join us at the Season 4 finals at the Hard Rock Hotel in Cancun, Mexico. All you need to do is send us a short video explaining why you are the top choice to vlog the fans-perspective for the entirety of the finals from Media Day on Thursday through to the Grand Final on Sunday. We’d fly you and a friend over for a 4 night stay at the same 5* all-inclusive resort as the pros and give you unpresented access to a World Class competitive gaming event and the opportunity to create compelling vlogs from a unique perspective as the only fan in attendance.
Here are the details for how to enter:
- The contest is open from the 6th November to 30th November
- You need to submit a short video demonstrating your passion, knowledge, technical skill and explanation as to why you are the best candidate to record the fans perspective at the finals
- The video should be 60 – 90 seconds in length
- Host the video on your own YouTube page
- Follow @ECSLeague on twitter & tweet us a link to your entry and use the hashtag #ECS4Vlog
- The winner will be announced on the 1st December
- Winner must be able and valid to fly (paid for by ECS) to Mexico on the 14th – 18th of December
- For full T&C please see below
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. VALID IN THE 50 UNITED STATES, PUERTO RICO, GUAM, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AND WESTERN EUROPE ONLY. ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
The FACEIT ECS Season 4 Finals 2017 Vlog Competition (the “Contest”) is designed to encourage eligible vloggers (“Entrant(s)” or “You”) to use their creativity to create a vlog showing why they should be invited by FACEIT to the ECS Season 4 Finals in Cancun, Mexico, to vlog the ECS fans-perspective for the entirety of the ECS Season 4 Finals. Judges will choose the winning entry and the Prize will be awarded in accordance with these Official Rules (these “Rules”).
1. Binding agreement: In order to enter the Contest, You must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure You understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the Prize described in these Rules unless You agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between You and FACEIT with respect to the Contest.
2. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must:
- be a U.S. or West European citizen or legal resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal residence); and
- be at least the legal age of contractual capacity in your jurisdiction of residence (and in no event under 18) at the time of entry; and
- apply as an individual, not as part of a team or a group; and
- not be a person or entity under U.S. export controls or sanctions; and
- have access to a webcam; and
- be available and willing to participate in all Program activities during the listed dates and times; and
- be prepared and able to travel to Mexico to be there between the 14th and 18th December 2017; and
- have a current and valid passport (with an expiry date more than six (6) months beyond the date of travel); and
- be legally permitted to enter Mexico for travel purposes (entitled to be granted an entry VISA to Mexico); and
- should You win the Contest, You will host your video content on Your own YouTube channel.
Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of FACEIT, and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents (“Contest Entities”), and members of the Contest Entities’ and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors as well as the national winners from previous years are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
3. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Face IT Limited (“FACEIT” or “Sponsor”), an English limited liability company with principal place of business at 31 St James’s Square, London, SW1Y 4JR, England.
4. Contest period: The Contest begins on 6th November 2017 at 8 A.M. Greenwich Mean Time and ends on 30th November 2017 at 8:00 P.M. Greenwich Mean Time (“Contest Period”). All dates are subject to change. Entries must be submitted electronically before 8:00 P.M. Greenwich Mean Time on 30th November 2017 in order to have been submitted within the Contest Period.
5. How to enter: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest You must, during the Contest Period:
- host on your YouTube channel Your vlog entry that reflects Entrant’s creative interpretation of ECS from a fan(s) perspective and explains why You should be selected to win the Prize (which should be 60 to 90 seconds in length);
- follow @ECSLeague on Twitter; and
- tweet @ECSLeague with a link to your entry. Your entry must meet the “Contest Requirements” described below.
6. Number and type of entries: There is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant. Subsequent entries will be disqualified. Machine or computer-generated entries and mass entries will be disqualified. Any submission not meeting the aforementioned criteria will be disqualified. FACEIT accepts no responsibility for submissions lost, delayed, damaged, defaced, or mislaid, howsoever caused. All entries will be deemed made by the Entrant submitted at the time of entry.
7. Contest requirements: The Entrants vlog(s) entered in this Contest must meet the following criteria (“Contest Requirements”):
- They must be the original work of the Entrant and must not have been previously published. Content, which appears to be fraudulently generated or plagiarised, will be disqualified.
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libellous or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the doodle and supporting statement are created.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third-party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third-party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original, unpublished works that do not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third-party or entity.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third-party’s publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The vlog is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third-party.
8. During the Contest Period, the Sponsor, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the entries to ensure that they meet the Contest Requirements. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that does not meet the Competition Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
9. The potential winner must agree to produce 10 minutes of video content that offers an insight into the live event and what it is like to be at the ECS Finals, which content will be hosted on FACEIT and ECS’ YouTube channel.
10. Judging: Each entry will be evaluated and scored based on the following “Criteria”:
- artistic skills;
- creativity and originality – considering the representation of the Contest theme “The ECS fans perspective”, as well as the unique and novel approach to the vlog;
- communication of the Contest theme” The ECS fans perspective”;
- technical competency of the entry; and
- adherence to the Competition Requirements and these Rules. Decisions of the judges are final and binding. If a potential winner is unable for whatever reason to accept their Prize, then FACEIT reserves the right to award the Prize to another Entrant.
11. Notification of winner: Becoming the winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules and signature of the Consent by the winner. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the entry that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the potential winner. The potential winner(s) will be selected and notified by Twitter, telephone and/or email, at Sponsor’s discretion. If a potential winner does not respond to the notification attempt within forty-eight (48) hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria described herein. With respect to notification by telephone, such notification will be deemed given when the potential winner engages in a live conversation with Sponsor or when a message is left on the potential winner’s voicemail service or answering machine by the Sponsor, whichever occurs first. With respect to notification by Twitter and/or email, such notification will be deemed given when FACEIT engages with the potential winner via Twitter or sends the email to the potential winner. The winner may be required to digitally transfer the vlog entry to FACEIT. If the potential winner is unable to provide the original vlog entry within seven (7) days, the potential winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize and another potential winner may be selected. All notification requirements, as well as other requirements within these Rules, will be strictly enforced. Determinations of Judges are final and binding.
12. Prizes: The winner will win a trip for two (2) to Cancun, Mexico, flights, accommodation and food included, to attend the FACEIT ECS Season 4 Finals between December 14 to 18, 2017 (the “Prize”). The guest must be 18 years or older and must be in possession of a valid passport (with an expiration date that is more than 6 months from the date of travel) and be lawfully eligible to travel to Mexico. The winner and their guest may be required to sign a travel release prior to traveling. Winner and guest must travel together at the same time on the same itinerary. All travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor. The trip portion of the prizes will consist of economy-class airfare for the winner and one (1) guest from a major airport that is the closest to the winner’s residence; hotel accommodations for four (4) nights at the Hard Rock Hotel Cancun at Sponsor’s discretion; and transport to and from the airport in Cancun, Mexico. Airfare, hotel accommodations, and transport will be arranged at FACEIT’s discretion – certain blackout dates and travel restrictions may apply. The winner and guest are responsible for transport from their home to and from the airport and any other incidentals or expenses. Once trip dates have been booked, no change, extension or substitution of trip dates or the guest is permitted, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. No extension or change of trip dates permitted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or similar items once they are in winner’s possession, or in the possession of winner’s guest. If the winner lives within 100 miles of prize destination city, the air transportation portion of the prize will not be awarded and ground transportation will be substituted and no additional compensation will be provided. Winner and guest must possess a valid passport and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary and required travel documents (passport, visa, etc.) in order to travel. Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies (“Contest Entities”) shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services and accommodations to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. Contest Entities shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage.
13. The winner will be announced two (2) weeks before the FACEIT ECS Season 4 Finals. No transfer, substitution or cash equivalent for the Prize is allowed, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if the Prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason. Value is subject to market conditions, which can fluctuate and any difference between actual market value and actual retail value will not be awarded. The Prize may be subject to restrictions and/or licenses and may require additional hardware, software, service, or maintenance to use. The winner shall bear all responsibility for use of the Prize in compliance with any conditions imposed by FACEIT. Sponsor has not made and is not responsible in any manner for any warranties, representations, or guarantees, express or implied, in fact or law, relating to the Prize, regarding the use, value or enjoyment of the Prize, including, without limitation, its quality, condition, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose.
14. Taxes: THE AWARD OF THE PRIZE TO THE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THE WINNER AND THEIR GUEST SUBMIT TO FACEIT ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY FACEIT TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. THE PRIZE WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES FACEIT IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON THE PRIZE ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. In order to receive the Prize, the potential winner and their guest must submit tax documentation requested by FACEIT or otherwise required by applicable law, to FACEIT or a representative for FACEIT or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner is responsible for ensuring that she/he and their guest comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the Prize may be forfeited and FACEIT may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.ù
15. General conditions: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. FACEIT reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if, in FACEIT’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, FACEIT, or the Judges.
16. Intellectual property rights: As between FACEIT and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the vlog entry and the winner’s video content (excluding FACEIT’s rights in the FACEIT and ECS logo/trademark, if used by Entrant). As a condition of entry, Entrant grants FACEIT a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the vlog entry and the winner’s video content for any purpose, including display on the FACEIT, ECS and YouTube website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant. FACEIT retains all rights in the FACEIT products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any FACEIT or ECS intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
18. Publicity: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by FACEIT at FACEIT’s expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by FACEIT. FACEIT will contact Entrants in advance of any FACEIT-sponsored media request for interviews.
19. The vlog entries may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the vlog entry. FACEIT reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the top Entrants on the FACEIT or ECS website or through other media for publicity purposes.
20. Warranty and indemnity: Entrants warrant that their vlog entries are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted vlog entry (including, but not limited to, any music featured therein or, if not the owners of the music they have a lawful license(s) to feature such music) and that they have the right to submit the vlog in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any vlog entry that:
- infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or
- otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
21. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified Sponsor at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from:
- any vlog or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy;
- any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest;
- any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules;
- claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant’s involvement with the Contest;
- acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest;
- any malfunction or other problem with the Contest Site in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant; or
- any typographical or other error in the printing, offering or announcement of the Prize or winner in relation to the entry and participation in the Contest by Entrant.
22. Elimination: Any false information provided within the context of the Contest by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, ownership of right or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the Contest.
23. Internet and disclaimer: FACEIT is not responsible for any malfunction of the entire Contest Site or any late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, undeliverable, or destroyed vlogs due to system errors, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or other telecommunication transmission malfunctions, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, typographical or system/human errors and failures, technical malfunction(s) of any telephone network or lines, cable connections, satellite transmissions, servers or providers, or computer equipment, traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Contest Site, or any combination thereof, including other telecommunication, cable, digital or satellite malfunctions which may limit Entrant’s ability to participate. FACEIT is not responsible for the policies, actions, or inactions of others, which might prevent Entrant from entering, participating, and/or claiming the Prize in this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify Entrants who violate the rules or interfere with this Contest in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate that Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Contest.
24. Right to cancel, modify or disqualify: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, cancellation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, FACEIT reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. FACEIT further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, FACEIT reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
25. Not an offer or contract of employment: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a vlog entry into the Contest, the awarding of the Prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either FACEIT, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their vlog entry voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and FACEIT or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant’s submission of a vlog entry under these Rules.
26. Forum and recourse to judical procedures: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
27. Arbitration: By entering the Contest, You agree that exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute, claim, or demand related in any way to the Contest will be decided by binding arbitration. All disputes between You and FACEIT of whatsoever kind or nature arising out of these Rules, shall be submitted to Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. (“JAMS”) for binding arbitration under its rules then in effect in the San Jose, California, USA area, before one arbitrator to be mutually agreed upon by both parties. The parties agree to share equally in the arbitration costs incurred.